Cranberry, Ginger and Orange Granola
- 250 gms Porridge Oats
- 50 gms Flaked Almonds
- 50 gms Sunflower Seeds
- 50 gms Pumpkin Seeds
- 50 gms Cashew Nuts
- 50 gms Raisins
- 100 gms Dried Cranberries
- 50 gms Goji Berries
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 50 gms Butter/Vegan Margarine
- 6 tbsp Runny Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Orange
- 1 handful Mixed Berries to serve
- Pre heat oven to 180 C and line a large Baking tray with a reusable baking liner *
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, flaked almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, ground ginger, cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt
- Melt the butter gently in a microwaveable jug (or a pan) and add the honey. Mix well.
- Grate the zest of a large orange into the butter and honey mixture.
- Pour the butter/honey mixture over the oats and dried ingredients in the large bowl and mix until the dried ingredients are well coated
- Spread onto the large baking tray lined with a reusable baking liner.(or two small ones)
- Cook for 15 -20 minutes at 180 C stirring every 5 minutes to ensure it browns evenly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and crisp up.
- When cool stir in the dried cranberries, raisins and goji berries.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with fresh raspberries or blueberries, greek yoghurt and a splash of milk. (or plant based alternatives for vegans)
Feel free to make it your own by swapping the nuts from cashews to macadamias* or pistachios* and the cranberries to sour cherries* or flaked coconut*. To make the recipe vegan just replace the butter for vegan margarine and the runny honey for maple syrup.